The Colors of Mexico Full Day Tour
Diego Rivera & Frida Kahlo, icons of Mexican art
Located in one a beautiful area to the south of Mexico City, Coyoacan is considered the most intellectual and bohemian neighborhood in the capital. Historical figures such as Hernan Cortes, Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo, Leon Trotsky, and many other artists, politicians and all sorts of intellectuals had lived here through times, I will narrate to you local legends, history, anecdotes of the past and present which I have collected here and there.
It is a delight to spend a day in Coyoacán visiting the Frida Kahlo Museum, to learn about her life with Diego, her love affairs and the pain of her illnesses, all of which she reflected in her art; after an a la carte lunch at a Mexican traditional restaurant, we will continue towards Xochimilco to enjoy a traditional boat ride through the ancient canals with live mariachi music, colors and fiesta mingling with the Mexican families who come here to celebrate!
- 8:30 Pick up at your hotel’s motor lobby.
- 09:00 Arrive to the National University Campus to admire the murals at the Olympic Stadium, the Central Library and the Rectory.
- 10:30 Frida Kahlo Museum. Where the artist was born, lived and died, we’ll see Frida’s paintings, photographs and personal belongings, her studio, kitchen, bedroom and beautiful gardens.
- 12:00 A la carte lunch in a traditional eatery away from the tourist traps!
- 14:00 Arrival to Xochimilco for our traditional Trajinera boat ride through the ancient canals.
- 17:00 Return to your hotel.
The itinerary can be adapted to traveler’s interests: do not hesitate to contact me for a customized tour.
What is included:
- Guiding services.
- Pick up at your hotel’s motor lobby.
- Insurance and permits.
- Purified water.
- Fruit snacks.
- A la carte lunch away from the crowds.
- One hour traditional Trajinera boat ride in the Xochimilco canals.
- Knowledgeable explanation of the life, love affairs, and passion of Frida and Diego Rivera, history, architecture, legends and traditions.
- Commitment to your needs and interests, advice on any situation you may require orientation and the certainty that you are dealing with a professional and experienced individual.
- Drop off at your hotel’s motor lobby.
What is NOT included:
- Personal expenses, souvenirs, drinks or snacks.
- Pick up at the airport is available with an additional charge.
- The museums are closed on Mondays.
9 hours, the tour length depends on your commitment, weather, traffic conditions and the location of your lodging.
$420 USD for 1 passenger
$60 USD every extra passenger up to 10 passengers
Luxury private vehicle including insurance, fuel and the permits required for tourism transportation.
Upon request the van can be adapted for the disabled.