Puebla – Cholula – Tonanzintla
Cholula is home to the largest pyramid in volume in the world, what looks as a mountain is really a temple which developed through centuries, today you may visit the tunnels built by an ancient civilization. At Santa María Tonanzintla I will show you a fine example of indigenous baroque architecture, one of the most colorful churches you will ever see anywhere in the world!
Puebla is popularly known as the “City of Angels”, I’ll take you on a walking tour through the beautiful historic center to admire and tell you stories about the Main Square, the Cathedral, the Rosary Chapel, a library that will take your breath away and many buildings from the XVI to the XIX centuries and the stories behind them.
If you are a foodie I will take you to try the amazing options of some of the most representative dishes of the Mexican gastronomy, after lunch we’ll enjoy the arts & crafts market full of the most beautiful and traditional art of central Mexico.
- 7:00 Pick up at your hotel’s motor lobby.
- 9:30 Arrival to Cholula.
- 9:45 Visit to the tunnels of the pyramid and the archaeological site.
- 10:30 Visit to Santa María Tonanzintla Church, an impressive, indigenous- Baroque building, which stands out for its colorful decoration and native interpretations of sacred art, as well as for the wealth of its elements.
- 13:00 Arrival to Puebla for lunch at a traditional eatery to enjoy Mole and many other delicacies of the local culinary.
- 14:00 Puebla City walking tour to admire the Cathedral, the Rosary Chapel, the Palafoxiana library and many other buildings from the XVI – XIX centuries.
- 16:00 Visit to the arts & crafts market and free time for shopping or taking pictures.
- 17:00 Return to your hotel.
The itinerary can be adapted to traveler’s interests: do not hesitate to contact me for a customized tour.
What is included:
- Guiding services.
- Purified water.
- Fruit snacks.
- A la carte lunch away from the crowds.
- Entrance fee to Cholula archaeological site and the Palafoxian Library.
- Visit to the Santa Maria Tonantzintla Church.
- Visit to the Cathedran and the Rosary Chapel.
- Knowledgeable explanation of the archaeological site, history, architecture, legends and traditions of Puebla.
- Commitment to your needs and interests, advice on any situation you may require orientation and the certainty that you are dealing with a professional and experienced individual.
What is NOT included:
- Personal expenses, souvenirs, drinks or snacks, photographic / video permits.
- Pick up at the Airport is available at an extra charge.
12 hours, the tour length depends on your commitment, interests, weather and other factors beyond my control.
$460 USD for 1 passenger.
$75 USD every extra passenger up to 10 passengers.
Luxury private vehicle including insurance, fuel and the permits required for tourism transportation. Upon request the van can be adapted for the disabled.